PROCEREALtech research group, is a multidisciplinary team from the University of Valladolid, based on the Food Technology Area of the E.T.S. of Agricultural Engineering of Palencia. This group is part of the UIC239 Consolidated Research Unit, recognized by the Junta de Castilla y León since June 2017.
Director: María Felicidad Ronda Balbás, Department of Agricultural and Forestry Engineering, ETSIIAA of the UVa at Palencia Campus.
- Pedro A. Caballero Calvo, Professor and Researcher of the Department of Agricultural and Forestry Engineering, ETSIIAA, UVa at Palencia Campus.
- Concepción Collar Esteve, Research Professor at CSIC at the Institute of Agrochemistry and Food Technology (IATA), in Valencia.
- Athina Lazaridou, Professor of the Department of Food Science and Technology of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece).
- Konstantinus Biliaderis, Professor of the Department of Food Science and Technology of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece).
- Joanna P. Harasym, Professor of the Department of Food Biotechnology at the University of Economics in Wroclaw (Poland).
- Workineh Abebe, Senior Researcher at the Ethiopian Institute for Agricultural Research (EIAR) in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).
Their work focuses on the study of the physicochemical, sensory and nutritional properties of food and the improvement of the quality of cereal and derivatives based products through reformulation and physical modification of flours.
In addition, it collaborates with researchers from other Spanish universities or research centers, as well as European and international renowned prestige research teams in food field.
If you want to know more about PROCEREALtech, check their website: http://procerealtech.uva.es/